Monday, February 25, 2008

Community Ed


One of my goals, as an empty nester, was to take some classes for fun and to expand my horizons. A few nights ago I took the first step. Our local school district offers community ed classes in the evenings, taught by volunteers for a nominal fee to cover expenses. These classes cover everything imaginable from belly dancing to computers to bird watching - you name it. I signed up for dutch oven cooking and Bob signed up to learn more about the senior volunteer program. I think I got the better deal because they fed us - and well! Although I have done some dutch oven cooking, I gathered more info, and recipes from a husband, wife and their 14-year-old son who cook competitively. They served us a chicken casserole, lasagna, and pineapple upside down cake. Yum! Now I'm inspired to start cooking outside again (after all of the snow melts). And I think I'll sign up for more classes on other subjects.

No comments: