Monday, October 28, 2013

A Change in Seasons

I tend to have conflicting feelings as the seasons change.  I am sorry to say goodbye to the current season (except winter) but I am ready for a change.  This afternoon it was a comfortable 70 degrees with the sun peeping in and out from behind the clouds.  I worked to clean out the dead plants from my vegetable garden.  As I worked, I could see gray clouds moving in.  The air temperature began to drop and the wind picked up.  I hurried to finish what I was doing.  I ran inside for a sweatshirt to cover the T-shirt that I had changed into only a couple hours earlier.  More leaves dropped to the ground, adding to the fading yellow and brown carpet.  Once inside I put on comfortable sweats.  Tonight I am enjoying a pumpkin spice tea and contemplating a dip in the hot tub.  It is time to leave the last vestiges of summer behind and prepare for the long winter ahead.  Now I am pondering holiday plans and projects that had been set aside for gardening.  Change can be a good thing.

10/27/2013






No comments: