Friday, August 03, 2018

Sitting By the River Once Again


(I am taking a break from posting about my Africa trip to share a little about my camping trip.) 

I am sitting next to the river at my favorite campground.  It’s been 2 years since we have been here.  I’ve missed it.  All I can hear is the sound of the river rushing over the rocks and birds chirping.  I can take the time to ponder life. . . or just simply be.

Why do I feel closer to God here?  It’s an illusion really.  God is always present, a part of me actually.  Here the distractions of the world are far away.  Life is more basic.

There are times when words aren’t necessary, when words can’t possibly express my feelings.  I will accept that, take a few photos, and then go for a hike.  And thank God for all that surrounds me and permeates my soul.







Written on 8/1/2018





No comments: