Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Empty Nest Again

Our nest is now empty again. On Sunday our youngest flew back to Boston for her second semester of college. I kept track of her progress - or lack thereof. Her flight from Boise was almost an hour late leaving. The flight from Denver to Boston was over 2 hours late and it had nothing to do with weather. I'm not too impressed with United. My husband attributes their maintenance problems to an old fleet. Not too reassuring.

So, the house is quiet again and I'm spending more time on my cell phone. I've deposited money into accounts several times for food, medication, books, etc. The Christmas stuff is all boxed but hasn't made it to the garage yet (it's very cold out there). I'm trying to get the house back to normal - whatever that is. I guess that's one of the challenges of becoming an empty nester - determining what normal means now.

No comments: