Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It Is Still Winter

I knew this would happen. And of course it would be TODAY when I had an early morning medical appointment. I cracked open the front door to see if it was raining and to my surprise snow blanketed the ground. Snow? Two days ago it felt like spring. It was sunny, 50 degrees, and my neighbor was working in her yard. People shed their winter coats. I knew it was too good to last--it IS still winter. I started the car, and then returned a bit later, planning to brush off the snow. But no, the snow was frozen to the windshield. I should have suspected as much when I nearly fell after slipping on ice while walking to the car. After some scraping and grumbling, I was off to my appointment. How many more weeks of winter? I am so ready for spring.

No comments: