Friday, March 27, 2015

A Lovely Spring Day

In early spring when a warm, sunny day arrives, it is a special gift.  Within a couple months days like this will become common.  However, right now it is to be savored.

Today has been one of those lovely days.  We had to go downtown and ended up walking around and then eating lunch at a sidewalk table.  The city was bustling with kids on spring break and people attending our local music festival.  Short sleeves, sun glasses, smiles, and laughter were everywhere.  It’s hard to frown on a day like this.

At the moment I’m sitting on our deck enjoying the warmth.  There is a chorus of bird calls and songs.  With the exception of the large spruce tree in front of me, the leaves on the trees are just beginning to bud out.  From here I can see our quince bush in full bloom next to our house, the neighbor’s bright yellow forsythia in the distance, plus a few dandelions about six feet away—those are the only flowers.  Many plants still look dead, but I know they will come to life in the next two months.


I tend to come to life in the spring, too.  In the winter I want to sit in my warm house; it takes an effort to venture out.  As the days get warmer and the sun shines longer, I am ready to go out and enjoy the world.  Welcome spring!





No comments: