Wednesday, July 08, 2015

River Therapy

This morning I awoke to the sounds of a rushing river and bird songs.  Once the sun hit the tent, I pulled myself out of my warm sleeping bag, and emerged to inhale the fresh mountain air.

Breakfast is over and I’m sitting on the shore of the Salmon River.  The sun is shining and the air is cool—such a relief after the heat of the past week in the valley.  The birds continue to sing; there are so many of them.  Chipmunks scurry around the rocks.  Already several rafts have floated by.  The occupants wave or call out a greeting as I look up.

It is so quiet and peaceful here.  We purposely came after the busy July 4th weekend.  There are not many people here now.  I need a bit of solitude, some time to disconnect.  I am tired in both body and spirit.  I need healing.  What better place to seek it?  In the natural world life comes down to the basics.  This is my time to reflect and remind myself that I am one with God’s world.





Written on 7/6/2015


No comments: